Direct Edge Media is a fast paced and quickly growing printing company specializing in digital, offset and large format printing for enterprise, agency and trade printers. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an environment that values your professional skills, Direct Edge Media has a career path for you. We are currently seeking experienced and professional full-time candidates to join our team.
About the Company
This role is responsible for making pick-ups and deliveries safely and on time. They are also responsible for the loading and unloading of their vehicles, to ensure product is secure and undamaged while under their supervision and helping out the Warehouse team when there are no deliveries.
- Safely operate commercial vehicles by complying with Direct Edge’s operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections and provide detailed information to management on a daily basis related to customer service, operating discrepancies, and other administrative data.
- Maintain trucks operating efficiency by performing preventive maintenance requirements – following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions and scheduling repairs.
- Keep records of delivery, truck maintenance, and driving records by obtaining receipt of acknowledgments, record tracking information, completing driver log and truck performance forms.
- Assist with loading and unloading deliveries at other locations.
- Understand the shipping documents that are associated with each delivery and have accurate directions to each delivery destination.
- At the end of the workday, remove keys from the truck and store keys in the approved location and cleans truck exterior and interior.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Communicate to shipping manager any issues with the vehicles, route, or any other problems.
- Assist with pick-n-packs, cleaning of warehouse and yard, and loading and unloading of products and/or material.
- Has experience driving trucks larger than 20ft.
- Good knowledge of Orange and Los Angeles counties.
- Proficient at scheduling routes and being deadline-oriented.
- Dependable and energetic in working in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to load items into the truck to be delivered and secure the load from shifting or get damaged.
- Forklift certification is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of general and commercial vehicle laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment.
- Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Able to learn to operate warehouse material-handling equipment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be at least 21 years old of age and have a clean driving record.
- Must pass drug testing and background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A proper and valid driver’s license for the vehicle(s) being driven
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the past 5 years
- No serious violations within the previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offenses committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 1 moving violation within the past 12 months
- No more than 2 moving violations within past 3 years